Arizona/New Mexico Core Skills
This series will be presented by EFT certified trainers and supervisors Kathryn de Bruin, LMFT, Robert Allan, PhD, and Lisa Palmer-Olsen, PsyD, and in collaboration with the Arizona EFT Community. We’re offering two group, Kathryn and Lisa will be our trainers for the AZ group, and Robert and Lisa will be our trainers for the NM group. The schedule will remain the same for both groups.
If you’re interested in a military discount, please contact one of our Trainers.
Dates & Times
***IMPORTANT NOTE: All times listed are MOUNTAIN TIME.
September 30 – October 1, 2021
January 20-21, 2022
March 31 – April 1, 2022
May 12-13, 2022
All core skills meetings will have a one hour lunch break, as well as two mini breaks.
- Learn more and register with our Google Form and PayPal links below. Scroll down to get started.
Costs (CE credits not included)
- $2,200 – Bundle & Save: This option includes admission to all four modules (and you save $125 when you choose this option).
- Pay as you Go – $350 Deposit Required: this option requires a $350 deposit, and payment plans can be worked out directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The full cost will be $2,325.
- $465 – One Module Only: this ticket includes admission to one Module only – it is for those who need to make up one module. This option will not reserve your place for other modules.
STEP #1 OF 2:
- $2,200 – Bundle & Save
- $350 – Deposit Only
- $465 – One Module Only
- +$30 – Add CE Certificate
- $2,230 – Payment in full WITH CE CERTIFICATE
- $380 – Deposit Only (We will setup a payment plan for the remaining amount) WITH CE CERTIFICATE
- $495 – One Module Only WITH CE CERTIFICATE
STEP #2 OF 2:
SUPPLEMENT YOUR TRAINING EXPERIENCE!
Join our online EFT Trainer Open Office Hours series. this group will provide you will additional support as you move through the EFT Certification process.
Learning Objectives for Core Skills
- Apply EFT practices in the assessment of negative interaction patterns
- Apply EFT practices in the assessment of partner’s attachment histories
- Apply EFT practices in the assessment of contraindications for couple therapy
- Demonstrate EFT interventions used to process secondary emotional responses
- Demonstrate EFT interventions used to access and process primary emotional responses
- Demonstrate EFT interventions used to track and process couple conflict
- Apply EFT practices to process a couples negative patterns using attachment themes
- Demonstrate EFT interventions used to track and reframe negative emotional responses in the context of repetitive patterns of interaction
- Demonstrate EFT interventions used to expand primary emotional responses
- Demonstrate EFT interventions used to reframe negative emotional responses in the context of attachment themes and history
- Assess the markers of de-escalation in the process of EFT therapy
- Describe the difference between Stage 1 and Stage 2 EFT work in terms of the function of working with primary emotional experiencing
- Describe EFT methods for working with attachment affect in Step 5 of EFT
- Apply EFT methods for working with attachment affect in role-play
- Apply EFT methods to promote acceptance by the partner after step 5 for the withdrawn partner
- Demonstrate a clear Step 5 and Step 6 in an enactment in Stage 2 Withdrawer Re-Engagement
- Demonstrate an understanding of the difficulties in addressing strong emotions
- Demonstrate competent self assessment in reviewing practice tapes
- Identify the blamer softening event
- Describe when to move into the blamer softening event
- Identify and process the fears of reaching for attachment needs to be met
- Identify the shifts in working models of view to self and view of other
- Utilize appropriate interventions to process fears of reaching for attachment needs and encourage the reach to partner for attachment needs to be met.
To participate, you must have the training and educational qualifications to legally practice as a professional mental health practitioner in the area I live OR be currently enrolled in formal training to be a professional mental health practitioner.
***Core Skills Training is for Psychologists, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists and students in those fields. A four-day Externship in EFT is required for Core Skills Training. Each weekend provides twelve hours of training. When you sign up for the course, you are committing to your intention to complete all training modules listed below. When available, you may make up a module that you missed in a previous core skills series.
***Participants must be familiar with and abide by professional and legal confidentiality requirements regarding all client information shared in the training. Certification in EFT is offered by ICEEFT based on completion of all requirements and demonstrated competence in the model. Completion of training does not guarantee competence or certification. Enrollment in this training constitutes an agreement to hold harmless The hosting EFT Center/Community and all presenters and trainers from any and all claims, actions, and judgements, including all costs of defense and attorney’s fees incurred in defending against the same.
Confidentiality: You must agree to keep confidential the personal identifying information of case material shared in the training. I agree to not record any part of this training in any format (audio, video, or visual). Personal written notes of non-confidential material are permitted.
Refund requests will be honored up to 30 days. All refund requests will be subject to a $100 processing fee. No refunds within the 30-day cancellation, but transfer of funds to the following externship year or core skills registration will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Most Core Skills Series are limited to a maximum of 17 – 24 attendees.
- Attendance is based on a first-come basis.
- Space is limited and your space is not reserved until you have paid in full or provided a deposit.
- Each weekend module provides twelve hours of training. The 5th module in the Arizona Core Skills series provides one full day of training with an additional five hours of training via online meetings.
- When you sign up for the course, you are committing to your intention to complete all training modules listed.
- If core skills sells out, you may join a waitlist here.